- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Martin-Scott Winery 2015 Founder’s Blend 50% Syrah/50% Petite Sirah, Columbia Valley, $40
Mike and Judi Scott create this wine with the concept of “due fratelli,” a reference to their two sons. In this case, it’s a blend of two strong personalities – an even blend of Rhône Valley relatives Syrah and Petite Sirah. There’s no shortage of macerated black cherry, plum and blackberry notes, which meld with barrel influences that hint at vanilla, coconut, black pepper and brown sugar. Its drink-now structure is jammy and carries into a long and appealing finish of dark chocolate and plums that are backed by energizing cherry/pomegranate acidity.
Production: 103 cases