- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Quady North 2013 GSM, Rogue Valley, $25
Herb Quady’s latest GSM-style blend lines up in just that order – Grenache (40%), Syrah (35%) and Mourvèdre. Smoke from forest fires in 2013 hovered over Southern Oregon, and there’s a touch of smoke in the nose of ripe raspberry, red cherry, light caramel and saddle leather. Dark red fruit flavors easily make their way onto the palate, bringing a good balance of acid with tannins and finishing with a nibble of chokecherry.
Production: 200 cases