- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Colter’s Creek Winery 2012 Arrow Rim Red GSM, Idaho, $25
Washington State University grad Melissa Sanborn blends estate grapes from the proposed the Lewis-Clark Valley with Snake River Valley fruit off Skyline, Sawtooth and Williamson for this GSM-style bottling that also includes Viognier. Aromatics offer nuances of Marionberry, blueberry dark toast and citrus peel, which leads to a nicely balanced, fruit-driven drink of dusty blueberry, boysenberry and Marionberry. This merited a silver medal at the 2015 Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 300 cases