- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Barrister Winery 2014 Petit Verdot, Columbia Valley, $41
Attorney-led Barrister Winery in Spokane, Wash., produced this standout. Smoky aromas of dark plum, cherry pipe tobacco, espresso, and raisins, mingle on the palate with spicy peppery blackberry, and racing acid keeps this Petit Verdot bright and exciting. This 2014 vintage is showing bright and fresh, but with a maturity in body that one would expect from Dionysus fruit. This won double gold and best in class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 146 cases