- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Walla Walla Vintners 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $45
Walla Walla Vintners extends its legacy of high-quality red wines with its 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon from a collection of vineyards that includes historic Seven Hills, Pepper Bridge and Windrow as well as Dwelley, Frazier Bluff and Lodmell. It carries the signature of the Walla Walla Valley’s earthiness and deep fruit in its nose and on its palate, augmented by oak spice. Rich flavors of black cherry, plum and chocolate carry through from opening to a delicious finish of well-managed tannins. Willam vonMetzger can boast this as one of the Northwest’s most decorated wines of 2018, starting with a gold medal at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, followed by a double gold and best in class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition and then a gold medal at the Pacific Rim International Wine Competition.
Production: 827 cases