- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Clearwater Canyon Cellars 2017 Umiker Vineyard Lochsa Chardonnay, Lewis-Clark Valley, $15
Karl Umiker manages the vineyard and his wife, Coco, handles the winemaking at their estate operation in the Lewiston Orchards in the hills above the Clearwater River. Wonderful aromas and flavors of melted butter, Gala apples, and lemon zest are also found on the palate. Just the right amount of acidity supports the mouth feel, which keeps things bright and fresh. It earned a double gold and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. And it’s an ideal pairing with halibut.
Production: 290 cases