- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Hillside Winery 2017 Muscat Ottonel, Okanagan Valley, $22
Muscat Ottonel form British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, one of the lesser-known of the Muscats, went into Hillside Winery’s 2017, and the result was bright pink grapefruit and spice aromas a touch of white florals, then slightly sweet grapefruit and lime flavors, with just a touch of lychee in the finish. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. At the winery’s bistro on the beautiful Naramata Bench, the culinary staff pairs the Muscat Ottonel with its Spiced Lentil Croquettes with Cashew Cream and Tomato Jam.
Production: 827 cases