- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Three Rivers Winery 2012 Svelte Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $50
Several of Washington state’s most acclaimed vineyard plantings play a role in this meritage-style blend for Three Rivers Winery west of Walla Walla. Bacchus and Klipsun combine for the Cabernet Sauvignon (65%) while Merlot (10%), Cabernet Franc (10%) and Petit Verdot came from Champoux, Weinbau and Seven Hills. The influence of 100% new French oak barrels brings heady notes of chocolate, vanilla and brown sugar. Along the way comes richness from red cherry, plum and blackberry, backed by fine-grained tannins, mouthwatering acidity and a pinch of dried herbs.
Production: 120 cases