- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Ste. Chapelle 2016 Special Harvest Riesling, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Ste. Chapelle’s work with this late-harvest style Riesling ranks among the most recognizable ambassadors for Idaho’s emerging wine industry. Homegrown winemaking talent Meredith Smith draws from estate Skyline Vineyard as well as nearby Williamson and Winery Mill vineyards, and she left it with a pleasing level of sweetness at 7% residual sugar. Sweet lemon, apricot preserves and a whiff of petrol lead to flavors of poached pear with vanilla, Uncola and jasmine. The spritz of orange cream soda adds ample acidity to make this a pleasant sipper. Suggested pairings include Angel Food Cake, shortbread cookies or fresh fruit.
Production: 7,500 cases