- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Idilico Wine 2014 Monastrell, Yakima Valley, $22
Spanish-born Javier Alfonso continues to expand his lineup of grape varieties native to Spain, and the Woodinville winemaker increased his production of Mourvèdre — known as Monastrell in Spain — thanks to sources such as Upland Vineyard on Snipes Mountain and Marcela Vineyard in Zillah. It’s a gorgeous, lighter-style red that’s bright and juicy with aromas and flavors of black cherry, sugared plum and raspberry. Sandy tannins make for a creamy midpalate and savory notes in the finish make it downright yummy.
Production: 176 cases