- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Patton Valley Vineyard 2014 The Estate Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $40
Second-generation winemaker Derek Einberger moved to the Willamette Valley initially for a career in the arts, then the craft beer industry before he joined Patton Valley Vineyard in 2010. He became part of the winery’s ownership group in 2013, and his work with the Gaston, Ore., brand’s flagship Pinot Noir is a stellar blend of seven clones. The 11 months in 25% new French oak creates a mood of blueberry, Bing cherry, fresh mint and cedar. Sandy tannins and ripe blackberry make for a velvety finish with baking spices. These wines are available through the following distributors — Oregon Brand Management (Mary Davis), Cru Selections in Washington (Guy Harris) and Barrique in Idaho (Jeff Livak).
Production: 850 cases