- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Nodland Cellars 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $40
Spokane attorney Timothy B. Nodland recently restructured his winery into a members-only business model, and his work with this Cab from two of Norm McKibben’s historic vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley — Pepper Bridge and Seven Hills — is a worthy effort. Aromas of dusty black cherries, plum, mint chocolate and tar are realized on the palate. Its youthful structure of blueberry skin tannins and blackberry acidity combine for a long finish.
Production: 52 cases