- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Waterbrook Winery 2017 Pinot Gris, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! John Freeman and his winemaking team at Waterbrook in Walla Walla have grown their Pinot Gris program by more than a third in recent years. Canyon Vineyard Ranch, an estate site in the Yakima Valley east of Prosser, Wash., is the traditional resource for this food-friendly Pinot Gris, and the style remains constant as starfruit, Bosc pear and Golden Delicious apple aromas and flavors are capped by a nibble of almond skin. Suggested pairings range from pork loin and stuffed peppers to fresh oysters, steams mussels, clam chowder and shrimp.
Production: 5,025 cases