- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Westport Winery Garden Resort 2016 Bordello Blonde White Wine, Yakima Valley, $28
It would seem as if the origin of the name “Bordello Blonde” has to do with the alluring perfume of this Gewürztraminer/Riesling blend, a style of wine not often found beyond Alsace. Lychee and apricot aromas jump from the glass, propelled by honeysuckle. The fragrance is dense and infectious, giving way to a dry wine with so much ripe fruit that we second-guess the dryness. The Roberts family continues to be rewarded for its inventive work with these varieties grown at historic Red Willow Vineyard, most recently by winning a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 117 cases