- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Henry Earl Estates 2015 Shaw Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Mountain, $40
Dick and Wendy Shaw, whose fathers were named Henry and Earl respectively, farm thousands of acres of vineyards in across Washington. Their winemaker for this brand, Mitch Venohr, pulls clone 2 Cab from their 51-acre parcel in the northwest corner of the Red Mountain appellation for these six barrels. Four of those barrels were new French oak, which helps create aromas of rich cherry and tarragon with chocolate and toast. Bing cherry, vanilla and cocounut flavors are framed by nicely resolved tannins that are met by a pinch of earthiness on the midpalate and capped by plump berries and cocoa powder.
Production: 142 cases