- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Abiqua Wind Vineyard 2015 Estate Chloe’s Breeze Müller-Thurgau, Willamette Valley, $12
Best Buy! Hermann Müller was a 19th century Swiss botanist born near the Thur River, a tributary of Rhine River, and he developed this cross of Riesling with Madeleine Royale to create an early variety in cool climates. Pete Buffington of Abiqua Wind has found that it thrives in the Cascade Foothills of Oregon, and his latest vintage plays out as Riesling aficionado’s example of Müller-Thurgau. It’s loaded with notes of lime, petrol and orange, backed by caramel apple with Granny Smith apple skin in the finish to help balance the residual sugar of 2.5%. Enjoy with hot wings, spicy Asian dishes or a bowl of pho. It earned a gold medal and best white wine at the 2018 Capital Wine and Food Festival Wine Competition, a fundraiser for St. Martin’s University.
Production: 404 cases