- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
The Magnificient Wine Co. 2017 Rosé, Columbia Valley, $13
Best Buy! The Magnificent Wine Company is well into its second decade, and while the House Wine series is the most recognized part of its history, Precept has begun to produce wines under this new MWC tier. A wide variety of red and white grapes contribute to the end product, but Syrah leads the way and builds the pink raspberry color. Aromas of plum, blueberry, gooseberry and strawberry leaf lead to flavors dominated by plum and strawberry, backed by a nibble of blueberry skin to deal with its off-dry nature. Look for it at grocers such as Albertsons and Safeway, and serve it nicely chilled on the patio.
Production: 3,432 cases