- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Alexana Winery 2015 Zena Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills, $65
While the climate influences at highly regarded Zena Crown Vineyard are different than at Alexana in the Dundee Hills, namely the cooling afternoon breeze through the Van Duzer Corridor, volcanic soil types are found at both sites. It’s no coincidence that Zena Crown fruit shows similarity to some of the Alexana estate Pinot Noirs that Byran Weil excels with. His work off this Salmon-Safe site purchased by Jackson Family Wines in 2013 mimics a raspberry cobbler with tones of caramel and cardamom, joined by hints of cherry pipe tobacco, a pinch of moist earth and blueberry skins.
Production: 173 cases