- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Wild Goose Vineyards & Winery 2017 Mystic River Vineyard Gewürztraminer, Okanagan Valley, $20
Pair the Kruger family’s Mystic River Vineyard with their own winemaking and it’s almost guaranteed to be a winner. The 2017 Gewürztraminer extends that streak. It captures the grape’s signature spices and lychee aromas and flavors in a wine that makes the case for this often neglected grape. And its residual sugar is offset by abundant acidity so often found in grapes from British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley. It’s a wine to sip and savor or pair with Thai dishes, grilled pork or glazed ham. This won double gold and best in class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 400 cases