- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Gård Vintners 2014 Lawrence Vineyards Grand Klasse Reserve Pinot Gris, Columbia Valley, $24
Very few wineries in the Pacific Northwest show enough thoughtful dedication to Pinot Gris as the Lawrence family and winemaker Aryn Morell have, a barrel-aged example that’s fascinating and downright delicious. The time in French oak builds a golden color and alluring aromas of coconut, banana and orange Creamsicle. There’s more tropical notes to the rich flavors of butterscotch and peach candy, and yet there’s clementine pith in the finish to easily balance the residual sugar of 0.6%. It’s distinctive and an easy drinker. This marked the first vintage of their M&L Production facility in Walla Walla, and the level of control from start to finish is evident with this bottling.
Production: 320 cases