- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Pomum Cellars 2014 Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $24
Ribera del Duero native Javier Alfonso continues to show his talent with this exquisite Left Bank Bordeaux-inspired blend that features nearly equal amounts of Cabernet Sauvignon (32%) from Upland Vineyard and Cabernet Franc (31%) off Dineen Vineyard, two of the Yakima Valley’s top sites. Rich aromas of dark cherry, chocolate mousse with blueberry and sweet tobacco are matched on the creamy palate. Boysenberry acidity leads to a finish of chocolate-covered loganberry, which prompted our panel to vote the 2014 Red Wine as “Outstanding!” – the same rating for the Woodinville winemaker’s 2013 vintage.
Production: 636 cases