- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Rio Vista Wines 2016 Sunset on the River, Columbia Valley, $32
This superb pinkish blend grown and produced near Lake Chelan includes Pinot Gris (60%) and Gewürztraminer (20%) from the White family’s Columbia River estate along with Viognier from acclaimed Antoine Creek Vineyard just upstream. The result is aromas of sweet strawberry sorbet and fresh roses, followed by flavors of light strawberry and fresh rose petals. It’s a gorgeous wine that isn’t overly sweet and is fascinating to drink. This won a double gold at the Seattle Wine Awards and a double gold and best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Competition on its way to a Double Platinum at the 18th annual Platinum Judging for Wine Press Northwest magazine.
Production: 258 cases