- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Tucannon Cellars 2012 Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $45
Fruit from Syrah vines off Mill Creek Vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley made their way to this young winery on the shoulders of Red Mountain. Aromas of cured meat, elderberry, dark chocolate and mint lead to flavors of blackberry, poached plum and baking spice. Dark raspberry acidity leads to a tannin profile that blossoms into a rounded finish of caramel. The Warren family’s Sugar Pine Barn occasionally stages a barbecue, and this drink-now Syrah would be a suitable accompaniment to brisket.
Production: 76 cases