- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Mosquito Fleet Winery 2014 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, $32
Dineen Vineyards in the Yakima Valley’s Rattlesnake Hills is well into its second decade as a grower for some of the Washington state’s top boutique wineries, and Brian Petersen continues his success with Clone 214 Cabernet Franc. There’s a dustiness to the nose of ground savory, cherry, plum, black pepper and lime peel. The hallmark of this bottling is the superb tannin management, which allows for long and full enjoyment of the bold plum and Bing cherry flavors that’s capped with a hint of pepperoni. This earned a gold medal at the 2018 Capital Food and Wine Festival Wine Competition, marking the second such award for Mosquito Fleet’s work with the variety in the past three vintages.
Production: 125 cases