- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Pondera Winery 2014 Stillwater Creek Vineyards Malbec, Columbia Valley, $34
Woodinville’s Shane Howard continues his long and delicious history with Stillwater Creek Vineyards on the Royal Slope via this example of Malbec in Washington. Brooding blackberry, mixed with espresso, spiced plum and earthy shiitake mushroom notes include minerality. The Howards suggest serving it alongside prime rib with garlic and rosemary, tomato-based pasta and spicy chicken with mole. This stunning release earned best of class, topping the field of nearly 40 entries at the 2018 Cascadia International Wine Competition, and it was one of three gold medals awarded to his red wine program.
Production: 200 cases