- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Potter Wines 2012 The Ambassador Red Wine, Horse Heaven Hills, $28
Von and Crystal Potter have made a big splash among Boise mixologists with their Jalapeno & Grape Wine, but this four-barrel, Syrah-based blend from a classic vintage in Washington’s Horse Heaven Hills continues to earn praise with wine critics. There’s a beautiful display of blueberry and new leather, supported by fresh tobacco and black pepper. The acidity is spot-on, and the finish leaves a slight tart note — a sign of Grenache (25%) that balances out the perfectly ripe fruit. This earned a double gold at the 2018 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 99 cases