- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Pondera Winery 2014 Entwined Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $34
Pondera Winery, based in Woodinville, Wash., built this Merlot-based red blend with fruit from the Columbia Valley AVA for 2014. Spice, blackberries and blueberries lace it aromas, with mouth-filling flavors of blackberries and blueberries, a sheen of black cherries and an underlay of dark chocolate emerging on the palate. It finishes with big black tea-like tannins, betraying its Merlot backbone, plus engaging minerality. This won a gold medal and best of class at the 2018 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 130 cases