- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Brian Carter Cellars 2015 Opulento Dessert Wine, Yakima Valley, $22
Brian Carter appropriately names his Port-style blend Opulento. Drawing on Yakima Valley Touriga Nacional, Souzao, Tinta Cao and Tinta Roriz, he created a dessert wine that’s opulent indeed, with dark black and blue fruit aromas that become fulsome flavors of dried blueberries, blackberries and plums, a bit of chocolaty tannin at the end. This won a gold medal and best of class at the 2018 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 699 cases