- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Nine Hats Wines 2016 Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $20
The brand that is Long Shadows Vintners resonates beyond the Pacific Northwest, and Allen Shoup and director of winemaking Gilles Nicault have been growing the audience for their entry-level Nine Hats Wines since their debut in 2007. In this case, each lot of Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (25%) and Syrah were under consideration at one point for Feather, Pedestal and Sequel programs, respectively. Together, here they exude aromas and flavors of milk chocolate, blueberry pie, dusty black cherry and vanilla. Solid tannin managements allows the fruit to trickle beyond the finish.
Production: 7,200 cases