- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
Hightower Cellars 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Mountain, $40
Tim and Kelly Hightower blended 80% Cabernet Sauvignon with 10% Merlot and 10% Malbec for their 2014 Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. The result is aromas of mint, spice, earth and black and blue fruit. On the palate, blackberry, blueberry and black currant lead to a juicy finish of sophisticated tannins. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 146 cases