- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Abiqua Wind Vineyard 2015 Estate Isacc’s Reserve Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $25
The Buffington family started in 1978 to transform a strawberry field and timberland in Oregon’s Cascade Foothills into a vineyard where cool-climate varieties thrive. Here, Pinot Gris, Müller-Thurgau and Pinot Noir are the focus, and each year, Pete Buffington selects his top six barrels of Pinot Noir for this wine named for his first-born grandson. Its rosé-like appearance is joined by aromas of cherry pipe tobacco, dried strawberry and toffee. On the palate, the finesse continues as layers of raspberry and Montmorency cherry pick up more pipe tobacco, leading to a finish of chocolate-coverage orange peel.
Production: 135 cases