- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
La Frenz Winery 2017 Probyn Eastman Vineyard Viognier, Okangan Valley, $20
In 2014, Jeff Martin imported fellow Aussie winemaker Dominic McCosker to spearhead the program at La Frenz, and the hits keep coming from this storied producer on British Columbia’s Naramata Bench. Their work with Viognier has been decorated in U.S. competitions for years, and this 2017 vintage creates a theme of a fruit basket with peach, melon, dried banana and a hint of smokiness, offering a full mouth feel and a kick of Chinese five spice on the finish. This won a double gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. Suggested pairings include sage-stuffed turkey breast with a light butter sauce or a mild curry, such as chicken korma or daal.
Production: 500 cases