- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Maryhill Winery 2015 Elephant Mountain Vineyards Mourvèdre, Rattlesnake Hills, $38
This Mourvèdre grown by Joe Hattrup in this high-elevation site within the Yakima Valley is an offering of baking spices on the nose – warm notes of clove and nutmeg waft – working in harmony to support the notes of blackberry and Marionberry. The body is on the fuller side, showing off lush ripe fruit first, then comes a rush of baking spices. The finish is bright and spicy. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 323 cases