- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Nine Hats Wines 2017 Riesling, Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! Rather than using the road map created by German vintner Armin Diel for the Poet’s Leap brand, Long Shadows conductor Gilles Nicault follows his own course with the Nine Hats Riesling. And for the second straight vintage, this wine earned a gold medal at the 2018 Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition, which serves as a scholarship fundraiser for Walla Walla Community College’s winemaking program. Dusty orchard fruit aromas akin to Granny Smith apple and Asian pear are joined by a strand of caramel, grassiness and minerality. Those fruit notes also make their way to the palate, picking up ripe lime flavors and a finish of spearmint. And he continues to stay near the residual sugar level of previous years of 1.25%. It’s an ideal wine to enjoy during the SoDo Block Party on Aug. 12.
Production: 2,500 cases