- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Dusted Valley 2014 V.R. Special Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $60
The V.R. is a reference to memorable chocolate chip cookies created by the late Vernon Rhodes, grandfather of co-owner Chad Johnson. As a result, Johnson and his crew opted to work with historic Sagemoor planting Dionysus Vineyard and remarkable StoneTree Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope. For the 2014 vintage, they dialed down the role of Petit Verdot in the final blend, from 15% to 2%. The nose of cherry pie filling, blackcurrant jam and sandalwood pushes on through, hitting the entire palate along with fine-grained upper tannins that work in the background. A spring of mint makes it well-rounded and a bright example. In our estimation, this ranks as their finest release of their top-shelf Cab. And it’s available to their Stained Tooth Society or upon visiting their tasting rooms in Woodinville or the Walla Walla Valley.
Production: 375 cases