- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Three of Cups 2015 Les Collines Vineyard L’Astre Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $30
L’astre translates to “the star,” and Mike Metheny brought this lot of Syrah from Les Collines Vineyard back to the Artisan Hill district of Woodinville. His work, which involves a 35% new French oak program, retained the characteristics of that site in the foothills of the Blue Mountains above the Walla Walla Valley. Plums, blueberry and cherry include complex notes of basil, evergreen forest and wet granite. Bright flavors bring juicy flavors of boysenberry and pomegranate that are capped by a turn of a pepper mill. Enjoy with bold meats such as lamb or venison.
Production: 101 cases