- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Kirkland Signature Series 2015 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $15
Best Buy! Those who buy their wine at Costco do so without risk, and the assortment of Kirkland Signature Pinot Noir includes work from the Russian River Valley and Carneros in California as well as Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Credit for the 2015 vintage belongs to Sarah Cabot, Precept Wine’s Pinot Noir maven in Dundee, Ore. The minimal level of oak tones allows for enjoyment of saddle leather and ripe purple fruit tones of black cherry and blueberry, making for a rather suave, long and darker expression of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.
Production: 10,000 cases