- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Convergence Zone Cellars 2014 Storm Front BDX Blend, Columbia Valley, $28
Scott Greenberg uses Red Mountain producers E&E Shaw for the Merlot (37%) and Kiona’s Heart of the Hill for the Malbec (35%) in his Right Bank Bordeaux-style blend from the Yakima Valley that pulls Cabernet Franc (28%) from Dineen Vineyard in the Rattlesnake Hills. Aromas of dark cherry, elderberry and blueberry come with smoky oak, leading to flavors of plum jam and mint, framed by resolved blackberry tea tannins and a long trail of Bing cherry and blueberry. Our panels evaluated this wine twice in the first half of 2018, and both times it merited our top rating, including a gold medal at the 2018 Capital Wine Competition.
Production: 164 cases