- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Ste. Chapelle 2015 Panoramic Idaho Petite Sirah, Snake River Valley, $28
Meredith Smith took over all of the winemaking at Idaho’s largest winery in 2016, but she spearheaded many of Precept’s high-end programs in the Gem State prior to her promotion. She produced this Petite Sirah from Sawtooth Vineyard in a slightly lighter style that makes it approachable. Her work began in earnest on Oct. 1 when the fruit was brought in, and it spent 20 months in 50% new French oak barrels. Deep aromas of blackberry, sweet cherry, brown sugar and fresh dill lead to concentrated flavors of plum jam and blackberry tea. Full-bodied, lush yet balanced with bright notes of blueberry and pomegranate, it’s easier to get into than many Merlots from Washington.
Production: 205 cases