- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Telaya Wine Co. 2016 Turas Red Blend, Snake River Valley, $32
This marks the ninth bottling of the flagship wine for Earl and Carrie Sullivan at Telaya Wine Co., and the Garden City brand used this Syrah-based blend to win best red wine at the 2018 Idaho Wine Competition. Aside from the Syrah (63%) from Sawtooth Vineyard and Skyline Vineyard’s Block 46, it’s supported by Malbec and Merlot from Scoria and Daniel vineyard. The youthful red that spent 20 months in 20% new French oak barrels carries a theme of deep blackberry, blueberry and plum flavors with a silky tannin structure and bright acidity, a delicious combination. The Sullivans have scheduled this to be released after Labor Day.
Production: 600 cases