- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Child’s Play by Tendril Wine Cellars 2015 Zinfandel, Columbia Valley, $30
Red Heaven Vineyard, one of the divine young plantings on Washington’s Red Mountain, is the source of this two-barrel production of Zinfandel by famed Oregon winemaker Tony Rynders. His use of neutral French oak casts this Zin in a rather elegant light as hints of raspberry, cherry cola and fresh mint lead to a fleshy texture of cherries and chocolate, backed by blueberry pomegranate cocktail. Serve it a few degrees below room temperature with fare such as pepperoni pizza, Sloppy Joes and blueberry Pop Tarts.
Production: 42 cases