- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Lunar Harvest 2015 Riesling, Columbia Valley, $8
Best Buy! The Precept Wine team in Walla Walla used Washington state’s historically hot vintage of 2015 to create this effort that carries the International Riesling Foundation’s Tasting Profile of “medium sweet” on the back of the bottle. Devotees of old world Riesling will appreciate the whiff of petrol swirling behind the fun scents of Circus Peanut candy, ripe peach and apple blossom. On the palate, it’s a bowl of fruit salad with round and weighty flavors of honeydew melon, Bartlett pear and white peach that build up to a finish of lemon Gatorade acidity to tackle the 2% residual sugar. Suggested pairings include Dungeness crab and spicy Asian fare, including a vegetable stir fry. The Lunar Harvest wines are available at select Walmart locations.
Production: 2,500 cases