- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Moulton Falls Winery NV Millea Reserve BDX Meritage Red Wine, Red Mountain, $42
The affable Joe Millea continues to nurture a delicious relationship with the Williams family of Kiona Vineyards, and this blend of Cabernet Franc (47%), Cabernet Sauvignon (33%) and Petit Verdot from their Red Mountain plantings is a Meritage-style that leans toward Right Bank in its approach. Sweet oak aromas of brown sugar and vanilla are joined by blackcurrant and cigar box notes. Inside, it’s delicious and plush with blossoming tannins that push out black cherry, pomegranate and blueberry notes. There’s dark coffee underneath the blue fruit, offering nice integration, complexity and cellaring potential. These wines are available online and at his friendly Northwest lodge-style tasting room and patio near Lucia Falls in Yacolt, about 30 minutes northeast of Vancouver, Wash. Enjoy with a wood-fired pizza after a ride on the Chelatchie Prairie Train.
Production: 68 cases