- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Backyard Vineyards 2017 Chardonnay, British Columbia, $22
Niagara native James Cambridge came to Backyard Vineyards in Langley, B.C., with a resume that includes a number of the Okanagan Valley premier producers. Here, he’s crafted a Chardonnay that features aromas of apple and citrus, plus flavors of sweet apple, lime, pineapple and mango. Its crisp acidity sweeps away a bare hint of residual sugar, and the two elements combine for a delicious, rounded finish. This won a gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 264 cases