- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Abacela 2017 Estate Grenache Rosé, Umpqua Valley, $18
The folks at Abacela brought in Grenache from their Fault Line Vineyards to craft this rosé, producing a wine with aromas of pink grapefruit and pie cherry, followed by flavors of the grapefruit joined by red and golden raspberries. With its crisp acidity, it’s a perfect summer complement for small plates, chicken or pork. This won a gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition and followed that up with a gold medal at the 2018 Oregon Wine Competition.
Production: 1,092 cases