- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Vino la Monarcha Winery 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $18
Entrust winemaker Victor Palencia with grapes from the Ancient Lakes and it seems certain to be a winner. Here, he wrings out aromatics that include perfumy grapefruit and guava, which then lead into flavors of live, guava and even a bit of papaya. All that fruit hangs on for a long finish of crisp acidity that calls for another sip. This wine earned a gold medal at both the 2018 Cascadia and the 2018 Washington State Wine Competition judgings.
Production: 450 cases