- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Mercer Family Vineyards 2016 Reserve Heritage Blend Red Wine, Horse Heaven Hills, $20
Jeremy Santo creates this Syrah-based blend for the Mercer family from several of their premier vineyards, leading with the Syrah (42%) and Malbec (10%) off renowned Spice Cabinet near Crowe Butte Park. The Merlot (38%) via Dead Canyon and Cabernet Sauvignon via Big Tee vineyards provide plenty of power. Dark toast, cinnamon, plum and black cherry aromatics are reflective of the 18 months this wine spent in oak. As with so many wines from the Horse Heaven Hills, this red shows superb balance as rich cherry and a sense of creaminess lead to fine-grained tannins akin to Baker’s chocolate. Sweet herbs and the finish of cinnamon and clove give this a unique and complex sendoff.
Production: 1,172 cases