- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Drum Roll Wine 2017 Chardonnay Monet, Columbia Valley, $15.99
This young project between Matt Frazier and Dave Hill Jr., consults with one of Woodinville’s top winemakers, and their second vintage of Chardonnay backs up the buzz of their debut releases. The blend of fruit from warm Snipes Mountain in the Yakima Valley with the cooler Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley result is a wine with aromatics of lemon zest, a hint of crab apple and minerality, followed by flavors of lemon, lime, bright acidity and a bit of apple peel bite in the finish. Wine lovers will fall for its tautness, art lovers for its Monet-inspired label. It earned a gold medal from a collection of some of the region’s top wine buyers who judge the sixth annual Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition, and the Drum Roll Wine lineup is available at PCC Community Markets in the Puget Sound.
Production: 540 cases