- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Gård Vintners 2014 Lawrence Vineyards Merlot, Columbia Valley, $35
The Lawrence family sustainably farms its four sites along the Royal Slope in the Columbia Valley, and they entrust their grapes to one of Walla Walla’s top winemakers in Aryn Morell. Clone 9 Merlot harvested on Sept. 19 made its way into four barrels, two of them new French oak, for 18 months. and the results are superb. Fascinating aromas of orange zest, Graham cracker and macerated cherries lead to bold flavors of Bing cherry and plum, which pick up Baker’s chocolate and caramel. Broad tannins and pomegranate acidity make for a long finish. Their wines are available at tasting rooms placed across the state in Woodinville at The Junction, downtown Ellensburg on Pearl Street and downtown Walla Walla on Main.
Production: 99 cases