- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Rocky Pond Winery 2015 Double D Vineyard Syrah, Columbia Valley, $39
One of the most exciting young sites in Washington state is Double D Vineyard, an expansive planting by Seattle businessman David Dufenhorst and 15 miles southwest of Lake Chelan along the Columbia River. These four new oak barrels – two domestic and two French – were under the charge of Ron Bunnell. His reputation for work with Rhône varieties remains elite. Aromas of black cherry, blueberry-pomegranate cocktail and sandalwood offer cured meat on the second pass. Inside, blackberry syrup and Baker’s chocolate flavors mix for a round and rich midpalate, setting the table for a memorable finish of cola, clove and black pepper. These wines are available at the Dufenhorst family’s tasting rooms in Woodinville and on Woodin Avenue in downtown Chelan.
Production: 95 cases